Super Bowl parties are all about the food, and bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers are a delicious and impressive appetizer to serve your guests. The combination of juicy shrimp and crispy bacon is a crowd-pleaser, and the skewers make them easy to eat while watching the game. In this blog post, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to prepare and grill bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers for your Super Bowl party.
- Bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers are a delicious and impressive appetizer for Super Bowl parties.
- The ingredients needed include large shrimp, bacon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and skewers.
- Preparing the shrimp involves peeling and deveining them, leaving the tails intact.
- To prepare the bacon for wrapping, cut it into thin strips and partially cook it in a pan.
- Wrapping the shrimp with bacon involves wrapping each shrimp with a strip of bacon and securing it with a skewer.
Ingredients Needed for Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Skewers
To make bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers, you will need the following ingredients:
– Large shrimp: Look for shrimp that are peeled and deveined, with the tails intact. This makes them easier to handle and adds a nice presentation.
– Bacon: Choose a high-quality bacon that is not too thick or too thin. It should be flexible enough to wrap around the shrimp.
– Wooden skewers: Soak the wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before using them. This prevents them from burning on the grill.
– Olive oil: Brushing the grill grates with olive oil helps prevent sticking.
– Salt and pepper: Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to enhance their flavor.
– Garlic powder: Garlic powder adds a savory kick to the shrimp.
– Paprika: Paprika adds a smoky flavor and a beautiful color to the shrimp.
– Lemon wedges: Serve the bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers with lemon wedges for a bright and tangy garnish.
– Parsley for garnish: Sprinkle some fresh parsley over the skewers for added freshness and color.
Preparing the Shrimp for Skewering
Before you can start wrapping the shrimp with bacon, you need to prepare them first. Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Rinse the shrimp under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. This step ensures that the shrimp are clean and ready to be seasoned.
Next, season the shrimp with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. The combination of these spices adds a delicious flavor to the shrimp. Make sure to coat each shrimp evenly with the seasoning. Set the seasoned shrimp aside while you prepare the bacon.
Preparing the Bacon for Wrapping
To prepare the bacon for wrapping, start by cutting the bacon slices in half. This will make them the perfect size to wrap around the shrimp.
Next, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it’s partially cooked but still flexible. You want the bacon to be cooked enough that it holds its shape when wrapped around the shrimp, but not so crispy that it becomes difficult to work with. Once the bacon is cooked, remove it from the skillet and let it cool on paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
Wrapping the Shrimp with Bacon
Now that both the shrimp and bacon are prepared, it’s time to start wrapping! Take a half slice of bacon and wrap it around a seasoned shrimp, securing it with a wooden skewer. The skewer will hold everything together and prevent the bacon from unraveling during grilling. Repeat this process with the remaining shrimp and bacon until all of them are wrapped and skewered.
Skewering the Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
Once all of the shrimp are wrapped with bacon, it’s time to thread them onto the wooden skewers. Leave a little space between each shrimp to ensure even cooking on the grill. Skewering the shrimp also makes them easier to handle and serve at your Super Bowl party.
Preparing the Grill for Cooking
Before you start grilling your bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers, you need to prepare your grill. Preheat it to medium-high heat, which is around 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature ensures that the shrimp cook quickly and the bacon becomes crispy without burning.
To prevent the skewers from sticking to the grill grates, brush them with olive oil. This creates a non-stick surface and helps the skewers cook evenly.
Grilling the Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Skewers
Once the grill is preheated and prepared, it’s time to cook the bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers. Place them on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque and the bacon is crispy. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, as they can become tough and rubbery.
When flipping the skewers, use tongs to ensure that they don’t fall apart. The bacon should hold everything together, but it’s always a good idea to be gentle when handling them on the grill.
Serving and Garnishing the Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Skewers
Once the bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers are cooked to perfection, remove them from the grill and let them cool for a few minutes. Arrange them on a platter and garnish with lemon wedges and parsley for added flavor and presentation.
Serve the bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers hot so that your guests can enjoy them at their best. The combination of juicy shrimp, crispy bacon, and flavorful seasonings is sure to impress everyone at your Super Bowl party.
Impress Your Guests with Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Skewers at Your Super Bowl Party
Bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers are a delicious and impressive appetizer that will wow your guests at your Super Bowl party. The combination of juicy shrimp, crispy bacon, and flavorful seasonings is a winning combination that is sure to be a hit.
With this step-by-step guide, you can easily prepare and grill these tasty skewers for your guests to enjoy. From preparing the shrimp and bacon to skewering and grilling, each step is simple and straightforward. The end result is a mouthwatering appetizer that will have your guests coming back for more.
So, this Super Bowl season, take your appetizer game to the next level with bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers. Your guests will be impressed by your culinary skills and will be talking about these delicious skewers long after the game is over.
If you’re looking for a delicious appetizer to serve at your next game day gathering, look no further than these Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Skewers. The combination of succulent shrimp and crispy bacon is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. And while you’re enjoying these tasty treats, why not catch up on the latest NFL news? Check out this article on FootballR.news that discusses the NFL owners’ approval of flex scheduling for Thursday Night Football in the 2023 season. It’s an interesting read for any football fan.