The Super Bowl season is upon us, and that means it’s time to start planning your game day snacks. If you’re looking for something easy to make, delicious, and healthy, look no further than mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. These two snacks are the perfect combination of sweet and savory, and they are sure to be a hit with your guests.
- Mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips make a delicious and easy-to-prepare snack for Super Bowl season.
- The ingredients for mango salsa include mango, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt, while the ingredients for cinnamon sugar tortilla chips include tortilla chips, sugar, and cinnamon.
- To make mango salsa, simply chop the ingredients and mix them together in a bowl. To make cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture over the chips and bake in the oven.
- Mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips can be served together as a sweet and spicy snack, or separately as individual appetizers.
- Mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are a healthier alternative to traditional Super Bowl snacks, as they are low in calories and high in nutrients like vitamin C and fiber.
Ingredients for Mango Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
To make mango salsa, you will need the following ingredients:
– Ripe mangoes
– Red onion
– Fresh cilantro
– Jalapeno pepper
– Lime juice
– Salt and pepper
For the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, you will need:
– Flour tortillas
When choosing your ingredients, make sure to pick ripe mangoes that are slightly soft to the touch. The red onion should be firm and free from any soft spots. Look for fresh cilantro with vibrant green leaves. For the jalapeno pepper, choose one that is firm and has a bright green color. When it comes to the tortillas, opt for ones that are thin and pliable.
How to Make Mango Salsa
1. Start by peeling and dicing the mangoes. Cut off the sides of the mangoes, avoiding the pit in the center. Score the flesh in a crisscross pattern, then use a spoon to scoop out the diced mango.
2. Finely chop the red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper. Be sure to remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno if you prefer a milder salsa.
3. In a bowl, combine the diced mangoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine all the flavors.
4. Taste the salsa and adjust the spiciness and sweetness to your liking. You can add more jalapeno for extra heat or a touch of honey for added sweetness.
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Brush both sides of the tortillas with melted butter. Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on both sides of the tortillas.
3. Cut the tortillas into triangles or any desired shape. Arrange them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the tortilla chips are golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
Serving Suggestions for Mango Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
Mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips can be served separately or together as a delicious combination. They are perfect for dipping, so consider serving them with guacamole, hummus, or other dips. You can also pair them with traditional salsa or pico de gallo for a variety of flavors.
To store leftovers, place the mango salsa in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days. The tortilla chips can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. To reheat the tortilla chips, simply place them in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes until they are warm and crispy again.
Health Benefits of Mango Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
Both mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips offer several health benefits. Mangoes are rich in vitamins A and C, as well as dietary fiber and antioxidants. Red onions contain flavonoids that have anti-inflammatory properties, while cilantro is a good source of vitamin K and antioxidants. Cinnamon has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
These snacks are also low in calories, fat, and sodium, making them a healthier alternative to traditional Super Bowl snacks. They are suitable for vegetarians and vegans, and can be enjoyed by those with dietary restrictions or preferences.
Tips for Preparing Mango Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
When making mango salsa, be careful not to overmix the ingredients as it can become mushy. It’s also important to adjust the spiciness and sweetness to your liking, as everyone’s taste preferences are different. Start with a small amount of jalapeno and add more if desired. Similarly, add honey or another sweetener gradually until you achieve the desired level of sweetness.
For the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, make sure to cut the tortillas into even-sized pieces to ensure they bake evenly. Keep an eye on them while they are in the oven, as they can burn quickly. If you prefer a softer chip, reduce the baking time slightly. If you like them extra crispy, leave them in the oven for a few more minutes.
Pairing Mango Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Other Super Bowl Foods
Mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips can be paired with a variety of other Super Bowl foods to create a delicious spread. Serve them alongside traditional favorites like guacamole, salsa, or hummus for a variety of flavors and textures. The sweetness of the mango salsa pairs well with the creaminess of guacamole, while the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips complement the savory flavors of salsa or hummus.
When pairing these snacks with other foods, consider balancing the flavors and textures. For example, if you’re serving spicy buffalo wings, the sweetness of the mango salsa can help cool down the palate. If you’re serving rich and creamy dips, the crispy texture of the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips can provide a nice contrast.
Variations of Mango Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
One of the great things about mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips is that they can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences. You can add different fruits, vegetables, and spices to the salsa to create unique flavor combinations. For example, you can add diced pineapple or peach for a tropical twist, or add some chopped bell peppers for extra crunch.
Similarly, you can experiment with different spices and flavors for the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. Try adding a pinch of nutmeg or cardamom to the cinnamon sugar mixture for a warm and aromatic flavor. You can also sprinkle some sea salt on top of the chips before baking for a sweet and salty combination.
Enjoying Mango Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips During Super Bowl Season
In conclusion, mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect snacks to enjoy during the Super Bowl season. They are easy to make, delicious, and healthy, making them a great choice for game day gatherings. Whether you serve them separately or together, they are sure to be a hit with your guests.
So why not give these recipes a try? Gather your ingredients, follow the step-by-step instructions, and enjoy the flavors of mango salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. Don’t forget to share your feedback and let us know how they turned out. And if you enjoyed this article, be sure to follow our blog for more delicious recipes and tips. Happy snacking!
Looking for some football news to go along with your delicious Mango Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips? Check out this article on FootballR.news about Aaron Rodgers battling a knee issue and missing practice. It’s always interesting to stay updated on the latest NFL updates while enjoying a tasty snack! Read more here.